One thing I’ve noticed among my ambitious girlfriends, colleagues, and the many wonderful women along my path… is that one common trend is forgetting to celebrate the moments along the way that are actually a big deal and celebration-worthy.
I have been guilty of this myself and it’s something I’m still learning to do—especially since creating my business; doing work where I get to inspire others to celebrate who they are. As I invite my clients to celebrate something about themselves, it becomes a reminder for me to do the same.
We often define success as reaching that one big goal and once you get there… then you can celebrate—how about if you were to instead celebrate all of the meaningful little things that happen along the way?
So what should you celebrate? As much as you can!
Think of it as a way to turboboost yourself toward more of that goodness in your life. I’m a firm believer that your focus or your thoughts greatly influence the life experiences you’ll have.
Here are some ideas for celebration-worthy events:
- That you made it to a workout class today.
- That you had a difficult conversation that had been looming over you for months.
- That you powered through those five emails that had to get out today.
- That you gave yourself permission to say no to something that doesn’t serve you.
- That you took one step closer to a dream of yours.
- That you made someone else’s day happier.
The celebration itself can be simple (but please feel free to go big). Sometimes the simpler the better so that you’ll actually do it:
- Take a luxurious coffee/tea break at your favorite spot.
- Get out for a walk or leisurely wander in a cute downtown area or park.
- Call a friend and brag about what you did.
- Pause… just pause… and soak it in, relish in the moment.
- Turn up the music and dance.
- Take the afternoon off.
- Plan that vacation you’ve been thinking about for months.
Celebrating what you’ve done, big and small, helps you to remember who you are, what you’re here to do, and the gifts you have to offer in this sometimes crazy world.
How will you celebrate yourself today?